Sedro-Woolley Virtual Learning Academy
Would your child benefit from a flexible, supportive virtual learning program?
Sedro-Woolley School District is very excited to offer K-12 students flexible learning options through Sedro-Woolley Virtual Learning Academy using high quality courses from Accelerate Education & Edgenuity – tuition free! These engaging online courses open up a world of content for students in a variety of different learning styles, offer hands-on learning opportunities and adaptive technology allows the learners experience to be personalized to focus on concepts that need additional reinforcement.
Over 300 K-12 online courses offered, including:
K-12Core & Electives • Advanced Placement • College and Career Readiness • Foreign Languages
Sedro-Woolley Virtual Learning Academy offers students and their families:
- Tuition-free access to quality learn-at-home options with teacher support
- Opportunities for homeschoolers, elite athletes and performers, at-risk students, and students who are homebound due to illness or threat of illness to continue their studies outside the traditional classroom with a flexible learning schedule.
- Help for students who are currently performing below grade level to catch up and graduate on time
- Personalized instruction
- Support from Washington State certified teachers
With our accredited program, you will receive all of the tools and support needed to succeed – Every student graduates with the knowledge and skills for future learning and success.
- Access to an online learning platform with easy-to-use lessons, with a variety of activities and assessments appropriate to the course being studied, including labs, journals, projects and more.
- Built in learning support tools for accessibility including text-to speech, translation, dictionary, picture dictionary, screen masking, notes, bookmarking and personalized study guides.
- Development of Personalized Learning Plan, tutoring and counseling from certified teachers
In addition, your child will have the opportunities to engage and connect with students and be part of our vibrant Sedro-Woolley school community through events such as: Sports participation, field trips, clubs, and school sponsored events.