Pre-Apply For a Washington PermitThe License # is REQUIRED on your application to enroll in the class.
Students' Social Security# is asked for on the DOL pre-app.
Practicing for the Knowledge Exam
The BEST ways to Practice for the D.O.L Written Exam is
1) Study the "Washington Driver Guide" . You can get this FREE at the Department of Licensing Offices or click the link above.
- Must get 32 of the 40 questions correct (80%)
- What Type of questions are on the DOL exam?
- Bicycle/Pedestrian (2)
- Blood Alcohol (3)
- Driving Traffic (6)
- Size of Vehicle (1 )
- Distracted Driving (3)
- Signs (5) School Bus (1)
- Target Zero/ Hazard Awareness(7)
- Emergency (2 )
- Rules of the Road (7)
2) On-line Knowledge Exams. Sample free tests below:
*These websites are NOT sponsored by the Department of Licensing.
DOL Driving Skill Test: What to expectImportant information and Instructional Videos are on this page!
You have passed your DOL tests - What's next?Congratulations!
For 16-17 year-old people who have completed Driver's Ed.Good News, Save a Trip!If you have a picture permit, you can apply for your 1st driver's license online once eligible!