Academic Websites & Resources
Links to educational websites, activities and ideas to keep students learning during the school closure and beyond.
Accessing School Google & Clever Accounts:
First login to student's google account (see PDFs in Eng and Spanish), then the link below will work by clicking Login with Google:
SWSD's Clever Portal URL: clever.com/in/swsd101
English: How to Access Google & Clever
Español: Cómo accede la cuenta Google y Clever
Video about how to access Google Classroom from home (this depends upon the teacher having already set up a classroom prior to school being dismissed on Mar. 16th)
This year, Evergreen has been using the Character Strong program to learn about and practice positive character traits each month - like honesty, kindness, gratitude and empathy. Character Strong also created activities and challenges for families to do at home, because it's important to practice these traits everywhere! Below is a link to the Family Dares for you to try at home.
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Actor Josh Gad (a.k.a. Olaf!) reading books to kids online every night
- Into the Book
- Storyline Online
- Children's Book Council
- Audibles Free Service For the duration of the coronavirus crisis, Audibles is making a significant library of audio books available free of charge – entitled “Stories” – with no need to establish an account. Below is the URL to the free service as well as a URL to the FAQ about the service. Two of the more crucial FAQs are copied and pasted below.
- How are you protecting my privacy? Stories is designed to be a completely anonymous experience. Listeners won’t be required to create an account or log in to listen, and we’ll never ask for any personal information as part of the listening experience.
- How can I cancel the service? The Stories streaming service is offered completely free. You do not need to cancel to stop listening.
- Khan Academy
- IXL IXL has made their Science & SS curriculum available for free: "When teachers and students sign in to IXL, they will now have full access to all of our engaging social studies and science content through June 30."
- Math Game Time
Science and Social Studies
- Pacific Science Center videos and at home activities
- Youtube Crash Course Series
- Nat Geo Kids
- Google Earth
- Time for Kids
- Smithsonian for Kids
- Discovery Mindblown
- Nasa Kids Club
- Amazing Space
- Code Academy
- How Stuff Works
- Switcheroo Zoo
- Virtual Fieldtrips
- Free Subscriptions to Education Companies
- Educational Shows on Netflix
- TedTalks for Kids
- PBS Kids
- ABC YA
- ABC Mouse (offering one month free)
- Highlights Kids
- Common Sense Media Sources