Coping & Self-Care
It is normal and expected that anxiety and fear may increase during this time of uncertainty. With changing routines, and worries about the safety and stability of families, our students will be looking to the adults and the world around them for how to process and cope. Mindset matters! Take time each day to model and practice self-care together, and use healthy coping strategies when things get hard. Here are some resources to help you stay happy and healthy.
Books are SUCH great ways to connect with our emotions and often have great coping strategies. Central Skagit Library has books ready to support students during tough times. Check them out!
Meditations and Exercise
Free Mindfulness APPS
Lessons & Read Alouds
- The 5 Happiness Habits from Generation Wellness, with Mrs. Sanchez
- My Incredible Talking Body with author Rebecca Bowen
- Go Noodle's Mindful Minute of Gratitude, with Mrs. Sanchez
- Esme & Roy's Mindful Minute Belly Breath, with Mrs. Sanchez
- Coping Strategies Flier from Mrs. Sanchez
- Coping with Stress During an Infectious Disease Outbreak - SAMHSA
- 15 Coping Skills for Kids - by Very Well Family
- 87 Free or Cheap ways to Stay Calm and Decompress during Social Distancing
- COVID Resources for Wellbeing - by OPTUM