• Meal Applications

    Any family residing in Sedro-Woolley School District boundaries is eligible to apply for free or reduced-price meals.  Meal benefits (free or reduced-price benefits) are extended to families who meet specific income guidelines outlined by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).  The Food Service Department encourages any family that may qualify to submit an application at any time during the school year.  Please note:  Returning students who are participating in free and reduced-price meals have 30 days from the start of the school year to reapply for the new school year.  Students who received benefits in the previous school year, but do not fill out a new application for the current school year, will be changed to paid status after the 30 day period.

    Those new to the program or district are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as families must reapply for benefits when transferring between districts.  You may also apply any time throughout the school year. Once qualified, any changes to income or household members must be reported to the school or the Food Service Department. All information provided is held confidential unless written permission is submitted.

    Meal benefits cover complete reimbursable meals as defined by USDA.  A reimbursable meal consists of specific components and/or items at breakfast and lunch.  When students elect to purchase individual containers of milk, this is not considered a reimbursable meal, and therefore, is not covered through meal benefits.  Students that receive free or reduced-price meal benefits will be charged the full price for milk as an a la carte item.  The cost of milk is $0.60 per container.

    If your family chooses to apply, please complete a "Free and Reduced Meal Price Application Form."  The forms can be obtained and returned (completed) to any school office or the Food Service office.  The form can also be accessed online.  Once you have logged in to Skyward, please click on the Food Service tab and then click on online applications.  You will be notified by mail of your child's status. Until you receive a notification, you should provide your child with a meal or money for a meal.

    Only complete one application per family. The information you give will be used to determine or prove your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals. This information may also be used for other state or federally funded school benefits.

    Factors considered in the application process are household size and total household income. HOUSEHOLD SIZE is considered all persons, related or unrelated, including parents, children, and grandparents who live in your home and share living expenses. The TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME is the income each household member received last month before taxes.  This includes wages, social security, pension, unemployment, welfare, child support, alimony, and any other cash income.

    Important Information for State Street High School Students: The Sedro-Woolley School District is participating in a program called Community Eligibility Provision.  This program allows all State Street High School students to eat their first breakfast and lunch meals free of charge.  Parents and guardians of SSHS students only need to complete a free and reduced-price meal application if they have students at other schools in the district.

    Turn in Applications to:

    The school office or to the Food Service Office at 780 Cook Road, Sedro-Woolley, WA, 98284

    Answers to Common Application Questions

    Non-Discrimination Statement

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1)   mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    (2)   fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    (3)  email: program.intake@usda.gov.

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.