Mary Purcell Elementary
Michael Cullum, Principal
700 Bennett St. Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284
Phone: 360-855-3555 Fax: 360-855-3556
Our Aim Statement: to increase student achievement, and time on task in a safe and positive learning environment.
We are happy to announce that Mary Purcell has been named a School of Distinction by the Center of Educational Effectiveness.
School of Distinction awards recognize the highest 5% improving schools in Washington state over a sustained period of time in Reading/English Lanuage Arts and Mathematics.
Ninety-one schools from across Washington State are being recognized with the 2018 School of Distinction awards, with 12 schools from the Northwest Educational Service Distrcit 189 (NWESD) Region. Currently, in it's 12th year, the School of Distinction (SOD) awards are for sustained improvement over a five-year period in English Language Arts (ELA), math and graduation rates.
Mary Purcell is one, of only two schools, in Skagit County that are being recognized!
Congratulations to Mary Purcell!
Grades: K-6School Hours: 9:00-3:30Wednesday Student hours: 10:00-3:30Wednesdays will be one hour late start-Staff Development.The staff, students, and community are proud to be working together to provide a safe, suppportive and academically challenging enviornment where we can nurture each child's emotional, social, and academic growth.Basic Information about our school:
- K-6 School, with a highly dedicated staff, consisting of 29 teachers and 15 assistants, with additional support staff and about 433 students.
- Specialists: Art, Music, Technology, Science, Health and Physical Education Specialists, as well as Special Education and English Language programs and support.
- School-Wide Title Program which incorporates reading interventions into our school day.
- Collaboration is key at Mary Purcell. Teachers plan between AND across grades, aligning our curriculum to meet the needs of all of our students.
- Mary Purcell focuses on the expectations of the Sedro-Woolley School District, CCSS, and Washington State of Public Instruction.
- School hours: 9:00-3:30 (Students may enter at 8:35 for breakfast, and at 8:45 students may enter classrooms for academic support) * Wednesday's schedule: 10:00-3:30
- We offer full-day Kindergarten, with three classes.
- We also house the District's Kindergarten Readiness Program, Foundations K.
Click on Special Programs under "Our School" to find out more about our Special Education and Title programs and services.
Click on the links on this website to learn more about our school.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Michael Cullum, Principal