Chet Griffith~ Director
Poria Jauron~ Secretary
Jennifer Zimmerman ~ Secretary
Emergency Message Line 360-855-3573 (Spanish 855-3538)(recorded information regarding school schedule changes)
School Report Information
We are in that time of year when the chances of poor road conditions due to flooding, high water, snow, ice and thawing increase every day. If these conditions are present, the Sedro-Woolley School District will have several levels of operation from which to choose. The following levels of operation are part of the Emergency Communications System, which our district will utilize if deemed necessary to ensure safety for the students we transport.
The district will select the appropriate message(s) from below and announce these on public radio and television stations listed at the end of this notice. No announcement means normal operations. Announcements are for one (1) day only and are generally made by 5:30 a.m.
- Schools Closed: All schools will be closed for one day only. All field trips, after school activities, etc., will be canceled for the day.
- Schools Open, Limited Bus Transportation: This means that buses will not operate in the following areas when the limited schedule is announced. All students will be picked up and dropped off at the same location regardless of changes in weather.
Buchanan HillDelvan HillGarden of Eden HillHathaway HillHoogdal Branch RoadLake Cavanaugh
Nookachamp Hill RoadPipeline Road
Valley View Road
Walker Valley Road
Baker Heights Road
Gripp Road (between
Prarie & Hoogdal
Branch RoadJanicki Road
North Pinelli Road
Old Day Creek Road
Grip Road (between Prairie & Hoogdal Branch Rd)
- Schools Operating Two-Hours Late: All bus schedules will be two hours later than normal.
- No a.m. preschool, a.m. kindergarten, Head Start (no preschool or Head Start on Friday)
- No before school programs, at all
- Breakfast will not be served
- Pick-up and drop-off locations will be the same for both AM/PM that day
- Pick-up and drop-off locations for alternate routes will be given to each student
- Lake Cavanaugh – parent call. (Pick-up/drop-off at Mile Marker #4)
- No Out of District Transportation: This involves all special programs including Regular Special Education, Hearing-Impaired, and homeless students.
- No Half-Day Kindergarten or Preschool: Classes for students enrolled in these program will be canceled
No Field Trips: All educational trips within the district and sites outside of the district will be canceled
- No Athletic Trips: All organized sports events that will require traveling to other school districts will be canceled. (Changes for athletic trips and events may be posted after 1 p.m. each day).
- Meetings Canceled: All district meetings will be canceled.
- Unannounced Changes: Since conditions change rapidly, please be prepared for unanticipated changes your child’s bus driver may make while in route. These can include: route changes, time changes, bus stop changes, etc. The drivers are highly skilled and trained to handle their busses under all conditions, and their professional judgment under adverse driving conditions will often determine unannounced late changes. Bus routes and stops for transportation home will be the same as in the morning.
Listen to the radio between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. if you feel the weather may create hazardous traveling conditions. Radio and television stations will be announcing schedule changes by district name (Sedro-Woolley) and district number (101). Please do not call the radio stations. You may call the District’s Emergency Message Line 855-3573, for the latest schedule changes, or access the information through the Internet at http://www.schoolreport.org/ or the District’s website https://www.swsd.k12.wa.us
If there is no announcement of the Sedro-Woolley School District No. 101 on the radio or television stations listed below then there will be normal school operations for the day.
AM StationsKLSY 92.5
KAFE 104.3KMPS 94.1
KUBE 93KBSG 1210
KMPS 1300KING 1090
TV Stations: KOMO - 4 KING - 5 KIRO - 7
We appreciate your attention to this notice and ask that you keep it in a safe place for handy reference during adverse weather conditions.